Deciding Where to Publish: Evaluating Journals Online
Is this a good journal to publish in? Should I be concerned about predatory practices? Participants in this workshop will learn features to look for when evaluating publication opportunities in order to make an informed choice about where to submit research. Participants will also understand the utility and drawbacks of different journal ranking metrics as a way to evaluate quality.
- Thursday, April 6, 2023
- 1:00pm - 1:50pm
- Time Zone:
- Central Time - US & Canada (change)
- Dan Tracy, Head, Scholarly Communication and Publishing
- Main Library
- This is an online event. Event URL will be sent via registration email.
THIS SESSION WILL BE TAUGHT ON ZOOM (YOUR REGISTRATION + REMINDER EMAILS WILL INCLUDE THE LINK).
- In order to attend online workshops, you will need a NetID assigned to you from UIUC and you will need to login to your Zoom account to "activate" it.
- This session will be recorded for sharing widely with the campus community. If you do not want to be part of the recording, please attend this workshop in-person in 314 Main Library.
NOTE: Registration closes two hours before each scheduled workshop and you will receive a registration + reminder email (one hour before the session is scheduled to start) with the Zoom link. Make sure to check your spam/trash!