Dissertation to Book: Basics of the Revision & Publishing Process Online
Attendees will become familiar with the differences between a dissertation and first book manuscript, and will further learn about identifying points of revision, creating a revision plan/timeline, approaching editors/presses, writing a book proposal, and the publishing process at a glance.
Related LibGuide: Dissertation to Book by Teaching, Learning, and Academic Support Library
- Wednesday, April 12, 2023
- 2:00pm - 2:50pm
- Time Zone:
- Central Time - US & Canada (change)
- Dominique J. Moore, Acquisitions Editor, UI Press
- Main Library
- This is an online event. Event URL will be sent via registration email.
THIS SESSION WILL BE TAUGHT ON ZOOM (YOUR REGISTRATION + REMINDER EMAILS WILL INCLUDE THE LINK).
- In order to attend online workshops, you will need a NetID assigned to you from UIUC and you will need to login to your Zoom account to "activate" it.
- This session will be recorded for sharing widely with the campus community. If you do not want to be part of the recording, please attend this workshop in-person in 314 Main Library.
NOTE: Registration closes two hours before each scheduled workshop and you will receive a registration + reminder email (one hour before the session is scheduled to start) with the Zoom link. Make sure to check your spam/trash!