Designing Infographics on the Web
Infographics can be an effective way to convey small bits of information very quickly, while drawing viewers in due to their visual appeal. In this workshop students will learn about best practices for creating infographics, and be introduced to several free online tools that allow users to create their own infographics, including: Piktochart, Infogr.am, and Visme. The session will end with a practice activity where participants are encouraged to use the webtool of their choice.
THIS SESSION WILL BE TAUGHT IN-PERSON (314 MAIN LIBRARY)
- Directions to Room 314, Main Library:
- Take the north stairwell (Armory and Wright Street entrance) to the 3rd floor of the Main Library and make a left at the top of the stairs.
- Alternatively, take the elevator located next to the University Archives office (near the Wright St. entrance). When you arrive on the 3rd floor, room 314 is the second door on the left side of the hall. If you have trouble finding it, please ask the Info Desk located at the center of the 1st floor or either of the service desks in The Orange Room.
- Watch a quick video on how to get to 314 Library
- ADA Accessibility Map of the Main Library
- Google Maps directions to the Main Library