LLAMA Webinar - “How to Establish a Meaningful and Productive Mentoring Relationship”
While it may seem logical that mentoring comes intuitively to experienced professionals, the actual experience of participating in a productive, mutually-fulfilling mentoring relationship requires approaching it with intention and a toolkit of skills. The Library Leadership and Management Association (LLAMA) will present “How to Establish a Meaningful and Productive Mentoring Relationship,” on Wednesday, February 6 at 1:30-3:00 pm CT. This webinar will provide proven strategies for making the most of a mentoring relationship based on research and experience and will explore the skills and practices that are needed the most when serving as a mentor.
By the end of this webinar, participants will be able to:
1. articulate the characteristics of a positive mentoring relationship
2. assess their mentoring relationships from the past to identify successful strategies for a productive relationship as well as strategies that did not work
3. evaluate their own professional strengths in order to find opportunities for sharing
4. articulate what is needed from a mentee in order to be successful in a mentoring relationship
5. develop a strategy or plan for establishing a strong mentoring relationship with a current or future mentee
This webinar addresses several of LLAMA's Foundational Leadership Competencies including collaborations/partnerships, leadership, and issues for new professionals.
Who Should Attend: Experienced librarians interested in enhancing their current or future roles as mentors to those newer to the profession
Our Presenter: Mandi Goodsett, Performing Arts & Humanities Librarian, Cleveland State University, Cleveland, Ohio, has extensive experience in many mentoring programs (including LLAMA's) and has worked closely with new librarians as president of ALA’s New Members Roundtable.
- Wednesday, February 6, 2019
- 1:30pm - 3:00pm
- Main Library 428
- Main Library