Planning Qualitative Data Analysis
In this workshop, you will learn a method for planning qualitative data analysis (QDA) and choosing which tools you will need for your project. We begin by focusing on the intended outcomes of your project and moving back from there to decide your next steps.
By the end of the workshop, you should be able to:
- Identity research projects at different levels (e.g., knowledge, personal, publication)
- Describe the data you will use for your project and how the data type(s) and volume will impact your analysis plan
- Articulate your ethical commitments and relationship with any research participants in order to ensure your analysis plan meets these commitments
- Identify specific data analysis strategies that you may use in your research project
- Identify which tools are needed for your project, including any QDA-specific software
Related LibGuide: Qualitative Data Analysis by Social Sciences, Health, and Education Library
- Monday, September 19, 2022
- 12:00pm - 12:50pm
- Time Zone:
- Central Time - US & Canada (change)
- Jess Hagman (SSHEL)
- Main Library 314 (Map )
- Main Library
- All are welcome
- Data Collection and Analysis
THIS SESSION WILL BE TAUGHT IN-PERSON (314 MAIN LIBRARY) AND ON ZOOM (YOUR REMINDER EMAILS WILL INCLUDE THE LINK. PLEASE CHECK YOUR EMAIL LESS THAN ONE HOUR BEFORE THE SESSION).
In order to attend online workshops, you will need a NetID assigned to you from UIUC and you will need to login to your Zoom account to "activate" it.
NOTE: Registration closes two hours before each scheduled workshop and you will receive a reminder email (with the Zoom link if an online workshop) one hour before the session is scheduled to start. Make sure to check your spam/trash!
REMINDER: This session will be recorded for sharing widely with the campus community. If you do not want to be part of the recording, please attend this workshop in-peron in 314 Main Library.
This workshop will also be held IN-PERSON in 314 Main Library: Take the north stairwell (Armory and Wright Street entrance) to the 3rd floor of the Main Library and make a left at the top of the stairs. Watch a quick video on how to get to 314 Library.
ADA Accessibility Map of the Main Library
Google Maps directions to the Main Library