The Music & Performing Arts Library (MPAL) has 6 rooms available with a variety of listening and viewing equipment. Click the "Info" button next to each room for a description of equipment and resources available in each room. Please note that all rooms at MPAL are locked and keys to the rooms must be checked out at the MPAL service desk after making a reservation.
Please cancel your booking if you cannot make it to your appointment. Use the cancellation link in your confirmation email or call MPAL at 213-333-1173.
MPAL Room Reservation Policies
- Rooms can be reserved in 30 minute increments for a maximum of 2 hours per reservation.
- Individuals can have up to 2 reservations per week at the Music & Performing Arts Library.
- Reservations can be made up to14 days in advance.
- Arrive within 15 minutes of your reserved start time. Otherwise, your entire reservation will be forfeited.
- Unreserved rooms are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Reservations can be extended by asking at the service desk; no limit on extensions.
- Use of equipment has priority in rooms 3-6; MPAL staff reserve the right to prioritize access.
MPAL Room Use Policies
- No food allowed in MPAL group rooms; drinks allowed in containers with lids
- All rooms must be vacated 15 minutes before the Library closes
- MPAL group rooms are not practice rooms
- MPAL group rooms are not to be used for recurring meetings or course instruction