The Music & Performing Arts Library (MPAL) has 6 rooms available with a variety of listening and viewing equipment. Click the "Info" button next to each room for a description of equipment and resources available in each room. Please note that all rooms at MPAL are locked and keys to the room can be checked out at the MPAL service desk after making a reservation.
MPAL Room Use Policies
- No food allowed in MPAL group rooms; drinks allowed in containers with lids
- All rooms must be vacated 15 minutes before the Library closes
- MPAL group rooms are not practice rooms
- MPAL group rooms are not to be used for recurring meetings or course instruction
MPAL Room Reservation Policies
- There is no minimum requirement for the number of people needed to reserve a room (i.e., one person can reserve a room for individual use)
- Rooms can be reserved in 30 minute increments for a maximum of 2 hours per reservation
- Individuals can have up to 2 reservations per location/category per week (Sunday-Saturday)
- Individuals can have 2 back-to-back reservations for the same room but cannot have 2 simultaneous reservations for different rooms at the same location
- Individuals can make reservations up to 14 days in advance
- Rooms will be held for late arrivals up to 15 minutes after the reservation start time; after that, other individuals can reserve and use the room
- Unreserved rooms are available on a first-come, first-served basis; a reservation will need to be made at that time before checking out the room key
- Individuals can extend reservations in 2 hour increments if they have met their limit for reservations by asking for an extension at the MPAL service desk; no limit on extensions
- After making a reservation, individuals can check out keys to the reserved room at the first floor MPAL service desk
- Reservations no longer needed should be canceled as soon as possible using the link provided in the confirmation email
- Online reservations are restricted to patrons with an @illinois.edu email address; if you are not affiliated with the University, please ask for assistance at the first floor MPAL service desk
- Use of equipment has priority in rooms 3-6; MPAL staff reserve the right to prioritize access
Your session is about to expire, click here to continue your session.
Your session has expired, please reload the page to start again.
Available Your Booking Unavailable/Padding